The next generation of targeted advertising
Imagine this: Sony wants to advertise their latest noise-cancelling earphones. They are looking to target young adults and teens who listen to music on mobile devices such as the iPod, Sony X-Series Walkman, and Zune HD. They approach your radio station, asking you for the best solution.
Cue Adswizz, the best targeted advertising server in the world, and Streamon is the first internet radio streaming company in North America to offer it. Through Adswizz and Streamon, your client Sony can choose which time and day of the week to advertise on, which country and region advertise in, and which operating system, player or device to advertise through. So you tell them, “Of course, we will make sure your ad is played on days and time slots with the highest traffic for the 13 to 25 age demographic and in the regions you wish to advertise to. We will also make sure all listeners tuning in from an MP3 player and other mobile devices are targeted.”
Adswizz + Streamon = Match made in heaven
StreamOn has chosen Adswizz’s cutting edge technology to enable its clients to monetize their internet radios with display, video and in-stream advertising. The display, video and audio ad-insertion and campaign management tools of Adswizz will be available to StreamOn clients with no additional setup on their part.
StreamOn integrates the Adswizz technology into the Appliance. There are two components to Adswizz: the encoder (in our case, the streaming appliance) that signifies when the ads begin, and the server, which is at StreamOn’s data centers. This provides clients an all-in-one system that they can install in record time to start monetizing internet radio.
Clients are able to benefit from the cutting edge Adswizz technology providing distinctive features such as:
- multiple criteria targeting (IP, geography, contextual, device, registration data)
- tracking of listener behavior after listening to audio advertising
- sequencing & capping of audio ads
- real-time reporting
- easy combination of display, video and audio advertising
- intuitive trafficking interface to manage campaigns.
Broadcasters can now do sophisticated advertising campaigns online with far less staff time thus maximizing their bottom line. The firewall penetration system of StreamOn combined with its top notch sound quality gives advertisers the best possible reach and quality for their ads. Scheduling ads within the Adswizz system is simple and user-friendly. You don’t need a technical background or a lot of training to use the system.
Solutions by Adswizz
Monetize your radio fully with:
- Display advertising synchronised with your audio advertising
- Pre-roll video advertising
- In-stream audio advertising
- Skinning of your player to adapt to advertiser’s message
Complete audio ad insertion solution
- Adswizz supports pre-roll advertising when the player starts playing audio or ads placed at any time in the audio stream.
- Adswizz allows you to dynamically manage your screens of ads online. Terrestrial broadcasters can thus decide to replace terrestrial ads by dedicated internet ads (national, local) or replace unsold terrestrial advertising space by dedicated internet ads (fillers).
- Adswizz is a server side adserving solution fully compatible with Icecast, Shoutcast, Windows Media and all players or devices.
Using Adswizz you can target your advertising on the basis of the following criteria:
- Time & day of the week
- Geography (country, region, city, zip code)
- Operating system, bandwidth, ISP, browser language, players or devices
- Demographics or any other registered user data
Adswizz’s server side adserving solution enables targeting on all players and devices including: iPhone, Winamp, iTunes, etc.
Capping & sequencing
- You can cap your ads in function of the following criteria: by video/audio, exclude special content, define a frequency by day and a minimum time between 2 ads.
- Your ads can also be sequenced together, for example, delivering to a listener that has listed to ad A in a first adv frame ad B in a second adv frame.
- Near-real time data on your campaign’s performance to help you maximize your internet radio advertising campaigns – while they’re running!
- Post-Listening can also be used to measure impact beyond hearing of an ad.
- Reports on ads that create drops in your audience.
ADSWIZZ Radio empowers both client-side ad injection and server-side ad injection.
In other words…
Take commercials you have on air and replace them with something new for your internet stream. For example, Pontiac’s ad is played on air, but Future Shop can also advertise at the very same time, but on your internet stream. As well, it can be a unique ad for a specific audience, say everyone on the west coast only.
Synchronize your audio with the banners, ads and coupons on your player. When a Wal-Mart audio ad is playing on the internet stream, the Wal-Mart banner can show up on the player at the same time. As well, instead of a banner, a coupon can show up on your player right before lunch, so Subway’s ad can play right before lunch and synchronize with a foot-long sub coupon.
Meet clients’ digital ad quotas by offering them targeted internet streaming ad solutions, not just on-air solutions. Providing companies big or small with many advertising options and help them reach their target audiences will not only satisfy the client, but also help you generate more revenue as a station.